Sometimes the best things in life don't cost any money. This is a fact that is very easily overlooked in the realm of church marketing. From fliers and mailers to complete demographic surveys--there is a lot of money you can spend in marketing your church.
Let's face it, to market your church effectively you are going to have to spend some money--but I think I'm preaching to the choir on this blog. There is a potential hazard down this road, however, and it is overlooking the simple, inexpensive ways to find out about our market. One of the most effective and least expensive things I've ever done to learn about my church's market is simply going around the neighborhood and asking people questions.
And here are the questions:
- What do you think is the greatest need in this community?
- How often have you attended a church in the last year?
- Why do you think people in the area don't attend church regularly?
- If you were looking for a church in the area, what would it be like?
- What advice would you give to a new pastor?
You can read the full article here