Off The Record

Thoughts ideas and questions to share with any one who has way to much time on their hands to read this blog.


Cry Mercy

After the events that occurred last Tuesday at Elim Christian College, I have been trying hard to process. My father in law is the DP at ECC and although I didn't personally know any of the victims, being separated by 1 degree has given me an inside view of things - much closer than I would have gotten from just the media.

As the victims get laid to rest and I struggle with the why, I have been drawn to a song by David Crowder. It helps me - I don't know how - it just does. Here are the lyrics, but the dynamics of the song excel passed the sum of the lyrics so I encourage you try and listen to it.

r

Cry Mercy

I will wait
I will wait for Your peace
I will wait
I will wait and You comfort me

I lift my head
I lift my heart, my soul
I lift my hands
I give myself, my life my all

And I cry mercy Lord
A cry of freedom to be heard
And I cry mercy Lord
A cry of freedom from this world
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 Responses to “Cry Mercy”

  1. # Blogger Vania

    words are hard to come by to describe feelings about this awful thing that happened last week.

    these lyrics are at gut level...

    ...and the grief will come in waves...  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Off The Record | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health